Individual, Couple and Family Counseling Topics
The below are some of the kinds of issues I offer counseling for. While these topics do represent what many think of when they think of counseling (and I do help many people with these kinds of struggles), I believe people are more complex (and more important) than particular labels or symptoms. In other words, I do not define people by their struggles, but rather seek to help them define themselves by who they truly are (i.e., a person of value, with certain personality characteristics, and a variety of strengths and weaknesses). So rather than being something that defines a person, I think that lists like the below are best treated as a starting point for beginning to make sense of where one is at, as part of discovering where it is one wishes to go.
|Individual Topics||Relational Topics|
|Assessment & Testing||Assessment & Testing|
|Grief & Loss||Marriage Enrichment|
|Life Transitions||Peer Conflicts|
|Work, Career, Vocation||Boundaries|
|Coaching-Focused Counseling||Death of Loved One|
|Addictions & Compulsive Behaviors|
Other Pages in this Section
- Counseling Services & Approach: Learn about my counseling approach and how I help others make lasting changes.
- Distance Counseling: Learn how technology facilitates the counseling experience even if you are not able to travel to my office.
- Counseling for Counselors: Everyone needs help sometimes, even therapists.
- Teaching & Public Speaking: Learn about how I help others understand and engage complex and important life topics.
- Associates of Transitions: Meet my colleagues who also provide services here in the Transitions office.
Quotes About Sean: “I think that you will find Sean to be approachable, caring, knowledgeable and most of all, helpful.”
Learn about my counseling approach and peruse some of my blog posts and videos. When you are ready, view my Schedule and request a trial session at half-price.