Book: The Divided Brain and the Search for Meaning
The Divided Brain and the Search for Meaning
Shortlink to This Book:
Below courtesy Amazon.com ~ Disclaimer ~ Updated 10/1/2023, 7:28am EST
List Price: $0.99
Lowest New Price: $0.99
In this 10,000-word essay, written to complement Iain McGilchrist's acclaimed The Master and His Emissary, the author asks why - despite the vast increase in material well-being - people are less happy today than they were half a century ago, and suggests that the division between the two hemispheres of the brain has a critical effect on how we see and understand the world around us. In particular, McGilchrist suggests, the left hemisphere's obsession with reducing everything it sees to the level of minute, mechanistic detail is robbing modern society of the ability to understand and appreciate deeper human values. Accessible to readers who haven't yet read The Master and His Emissary as well as those who have, this is a fascinating, immensely thought-provoking essay that delves to the very heart of what it means to be human.
Categories (Click any to search for more books with that keyword.)
- Health, Fitness & Dieting » Mental Health » Emotions
- Arborist Merchandising Root » Self Service » Special Features Stores » 34875086-8a6a-4dfe-b095-4d85fb30b3ba_0 » 34875086-8a6a-4dfe-b095-4d85fb30b3ba_5001 » Sponsored Selections
- Categories » Health, Fitness & Dieting » Counseling & Psychology » Mental Health » Emotions
- Specialty Stores » Custom Stores
- Specialty Stores » English Language Store
- Specialty Stores » Word Wise Enabled
- Specialty Stores » v3 Testing Node2
Please Note: The inclusion of a book here does not equal an endorsement of all aspects of the book. I encourage you to look for the elements within each book that are helpful, while recognizing that you will undoubtedly encounter things which you disagree with (just as I do). Please do your own research regarding any book that interests you in order to determine if it might be a good fit for you.