Book: The Wounded Heart
The Wounded Heart
Hope for Adult Victims of Childhood Sexual Abuse
Dan B. Allender
Shortlink to This Book:
Below courtesy Amazon.com ~ Disclaimer ~ Updated 5/18/2022, 8:50am EST
List Price: $16.99
Lowest New Price: $8.95
Lowest Used Price: $1.78
For those who have experienced childhood sexual abuse and those who love and care for them, The Wounded Heart offers a tender, compassionate window into the psychological effects of abuse and the theological foundations for healing.
Thirty years ago, with great courage and vision, Dan Allender brought Christians to the table to acknowledge, understand, and help victims heal from their experience of the evil of sexual abuse. His work continues to help victims and those who love them to honestly acknowledge their abuse, understand the unique challenge of repentance for victims of abuse, and learn to love boldly in defiance of their trauma. Ultimately Dan offers the bold assurance to sexual abuse victims that even they can find their way to joy and hope in the comforting embrace of a good God.
The Wounded Heart has sold over 400,000 copies and has been the first book family, friends, counselors, pastors, and victims have turned to in search of Christian answers to the calamity of sexual abuse. With a new introduction reflecting on the ongoing importance of the book, and a companion workbook for personal and group recovery, The Wounded Heart continues to offer an urgently needed word of grace in a world ravaged by sexual abuse.
Categories (Click any to search for more books with that keyword.)
- Self-Help » Abuse
- Christian Books & Bibles » Christian Living » Personal Growth
- Christian Books & Bibles » Christian Living » Social Issues
- Christian Books & Bibles » Christian Living » Self Help
- Christian Books & Bibles » Ministry & Evangelism » Counseling & Recovery
- Comics & Graphic Novels » Graphic Novels » Superheroes
- Health, Fitness & Dieting » Mental Health » Depression
- Health, Fitness & Dieting » Mental Health » Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Health, Fitness & Dieting » Psychology & Counseling » Mental Illness
- Health, Fitness & Dieting » Addiction & Recovery » Sexual
- Parenting & Relationships » Family Relationships » Abuse » Child Abuse
- Religion & Spirituality
Please Note: The inclusion of a book here does not equal an endorsement of all aspects of the book. I encourage you to look for the elements within each book that are helpful, while recognizing that you will undoubtedly encounter things which you disagree with (just as I do). Please do your own research regarding any book that interests you in order to determine if it might be a good fit for you.