Book: I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn’t)
I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn’t)
Making the Journey from “What Will People Think?” to “I Am Enough”
Shortlink to This Book:
Below courtesy Amazon.com ~ Disclaimer ~ Updated 12/2/2023, 11:05am EST
List Price: $18.00
Lowest New Price: $6.11
Lowest Used Price: $1.36
Researcher, thought leader, and New York Times bestselling author Brené Brown offers a liberating study on the importance of our imperfections—both to our relationships and to our own sense of self
The quest for perfection is exhausting and unrelenting. There is a constant barrage of social expectations that teach us that being imperfect is synonymous with being inadequate. Everywhere we turn, there are messages that tell us who, what and how we’re supposed to be. So, we learn to hide our struggles and protect ourselves from shame, judgment, criticism and blame by seeking safety in pretending and perfection.
Brené Brown, PhD, LMSW, is the leading authority on the power of vulnerability, and has inspired thousands through her top-selling books Daring Greatly, Rising Strong, and The Gifts of Imperfection, her wildly popular TEDx talks, and a PBS special. Based on seven years of her ground-breaking research and hundreds of interviews, I Thought It Was Just Me shines a long-overdue light on an important truth: Our imperfections are what connect us to each other and to our humanity. Our vulnerabilities are not weaknesses; they are powerful reminders to keep our hearts and minds open to the reality that we’re all in this together.
Brown writes, “We need our lives back. It’s time to reclaim the gifts of imperfection—the courage to be real, the compassion we need to love ourselves and others, and the connection that gives true purpose and meaning to life. These are the gifts that bring love, laughter, gratitude, empathy and joy into our lives.”
Categories (Click any to search for more books with that keyword.)
- Self-Help » Motivational
- Self-Help » Personal Transformation
- Health, Fitness & Dieting » Psychology & Counseling » Personality
- Politics & Social Sciences » Women’s Studies
- Arborist Merchandising Root » Self Service » Special Features Stores » 34875086-8a6a-4dfe-b095-4d85fb30b3ba_0 » 34875086-8a6a-4dfe-b095-4d85fb30b3ba_5001 » New Year, New You
- Arborist Merchandising Root » Self Service » Special Features Stores » 34875086-8a6a-4dfe-b095-4d85fb30b3ba_0 » 34875086-8a6a-4dfe-b095-4d85fb30b3ba_5001 » Sponsored Selections
- Arborist Merchandising Root » Self Service » Special Features Stores » 34875086-8a6a-4dfe-b095-4d85fb30b3ba_0 » 34875086-8a6a-4dfe-b095-4d85fb30b3ba_7301 » New Year New You
- Arborist Merchandising Root » Self Service » Special Features Stores » 34875086-8a6a-4dfe-b095-4d85fb30b3ba_0 » 34875086-8a6a-4dfe-b095-4d85fb30b3ba_9501 » New Year, New You 2014
- Arborist Merchandising Root » Self Service » Special Features Stores » 34875086-8a6a-4dfe-b095-4d85fb30b3ba_0 » 34875086-8a6a-4dfe-b095-4d85fb30b3ba_4501 » ASINs for HQP
Please Note: The inclusion of a book here does not equal an endorsement of all aspects of the book. I encourage you to look for the elements within each book that are helpful, while recognizing that you will undoubtedly encounter things which you disagree with (just as I do). Please do your own research regarding any book that interests you in order to determine if it might be a good fit for you.