Book: Internal Family Systems Therapy
Internal Family Systems Therapy
Richard C. Schwartz
Shortlink to This Book:
~ Search for more books by the same author(s).
Below courtesy Amazon.com ~ Disclaimer ~ Updated Just Now
List Price: $36.00
Lowest New Price: $22.00
Lowest Used Price: $19.99
Applying family systems concepts to the intrapsychic realm, the Internal Family Systems (IFS) model proposes that individuals' subpersonalities interact and change in many of the same ways as do families and other human groups. Seasoned practitioner Richard C. Schwartz illuminates how parts of a person can form paralyzing inner alliances resembling the destructive coalitions found in dysfunctional families, and provides straightforward guidelines for incorporating the IFS model into treatment. A valuable text and clinical resource, the book demonstrates in step-by-step detail how therapists can help individuals, couples, and families tap core resources, bring balance and harmony to their subpersonalities, and feel more integrated, confident, and alive.
Categories (Click any to search for more books with that keyword.)
- Health, Fitness & Dieting » Mental Health » Compulsive Behavior
- Health, Fitness & Dieting » Psychology & Counseling » Counseling
- Religion & Spirituality » Religious Studies » Counseling
- Science & Math » Behavioral Sciences
- Medical Books » Medicine » Internal Medicine » Psychiatry
- Medical Books » Psychology » Clinical Psychology
- Medical Books » Psychology » General
- Politics & Social Sciences » Social Sciences » Social Work
Please Note: The inclusion of a book here does not equal an endorsement of all aspects of the book. I encourage you to look for the elements within each book that are helpful, while recognizing that you will undoubtedly encounter things which you disagree with (just as I do). Please do your own research regarding any book that interests you in order to determine if it might be a good fit for you.