Book: A Lasting Promise
A Lasting Promise
The Christian Guide to Fighting for Your Marriage
Scott Stanley, Daniel Trathen, Savanna McCain, and Milton Bryan
Shortlink to This Book:
Below courtesy Amazon.com ~ Disclaimer ~ Updated 1/19/2020, 5:26am EST
List Price: $19.95
Lowest New Price: $12.18
Lowest Used Price: $9.89
For more than fifteen years, Scott Stanley's A Lasting Promise has offered solutions to common problems―facing conflicts, problem solving, improving communication, and dealing with core issues―within a Christian framework. Thoroughly revised and updated, this new edition is filled with sacred teachings of scripture, the latest research on marriage, and clear examples from the lives of couples. The book's strategies are designed to help couples improve communication, understand commitment, bring more fun into their relationship, and enhance their sex lives.
- Lead author Scott Stanley is co-director of the Center for Marital and Family Studies at the University of Denver and coauthor of Fighting for Your Marriage, which has sold more than a million copies.
- Offers reflections on how to enhance anyone's marriage over the long term and avoid divorce
- Covers recent cultural shifts, such as dealing with the endless technological distraction and issues with social networking
- New themes include the chemistry of love, the life-long implications of having bodies, and how to support one another emotionally
- Uses illustrative examples from couples’ lives and rich integration of insights from scripture
This important book offers an invaluable resource for all couples who want to honor and preserve the holy sacrament of their union.
Categories (Click any to search for more books with that keyword.)
Please Note: The inclusion of a book here does not equal an endorsement of all aspects of the book. I encourage you to look for the elements within each book that are helpful, while recognizing that you will undoubtedly encounter things which you disagree with (just as I do). Please do your own research regarding any book that interests you in order to determine if it might be a good fit for you.