Book: A Lasting Promise
A Lasting Promise
The Christian Guide to Fighting for Your Marriage
Scott Stanley, Daniel Trathen, Savanna McCain, and Milton Bryan
Shortlink to This Book:
~ Search for more books by the same author(s).
Below courtesy Amazon.com ~ Disclaimer ~ Updated Just Now
List Price: $19.95
Lowest New Price: $13.00
Lowest Used Price: $12.15
For more than fifteen years, Scott Stanley's A LastingPromise has offered solutions to common problems—facingconflicts, problem solving, improving communication, and dealingwith core issues—within a Christian framework. Thoroughlyrevised and updated, this new edition is filled with sacredteachings of scripture, the latest research on marriage, and clearexamples from the lives of couples. The book's strategies aredesigned to help couples improve communication, understandcommitment, bring more fun into their relationship, and enhancetheir sex lives.
- Lead author Scott Stanley is co-director of the Center forMarital and Family Studies at the University of Denver and coauthorof Fighting for Your Marriage, which has sold more than a millioncopies.
- Offers reflections on how to enhance anyone's marriage over thelong term and avoid divorce
- Covers recent cultural shifts, such as dealing with the endlesstechnological distraction and issues with socialnetworking
- New themes include the chemistry of love, the life-longimplications of having bodies, and how to support one anotheremotionally
- Uses illustrative examples from couples’ lives and richintegration of insights from scripture
This important book offers an invaluable resource for allcouples who want to honor and preserve the holy sacrament of theirunion.
Categories (Click any to search for more books with that keyword.)
Please Note: The inclusion of a book here does not equal an endorsement of all aspects of the book. I encourage you to look for the elements within each book that are helpful, while recognizing that you will undoubtedly encounter things which you disagree with (just as I do). Please do your own research regarding any book that interests you in order to determine if it might be a good fit for you.