Book: The Soul of Shame
The Soul of Shame
Retelling the Stories We Believe About Ourselves
Shortlink to This Book:
~ Search for more books by the same author(s).
Below courtesy Amazon.com ~ Disclaimer ~ Updated Just Now
List Price: $22.00
Lowest New Price: $15.64
Lowest Used Price: $16.95
The Gospel Coalition Top Books of 2015 in Faith and Work
Hearts & Minds Bookstore's Best Books of 2015, Applied Theology, Basic Christian Living, Whole Life Discipleship We're all infected with a spiritual disease. Its name is shame. Whether we realize it or not, shame affects every aspect of our personal lives and vocational endeavors. It seeks to destroy our identity in Christ, replacing it with a damaged version of ourselves that results in unhealed pain and brokenness. But God is telling a different story for your life. Psychiatrist Curt Thompson unpacks the soul of shame, revealing its ubiquitous nature and neurobiological roots. He also provides the theological and practical tools necessary to dismantle shame, based on years of researching its damaging effects and counseling people to overcome those wounds. Thompson's expertise and compassion will help you identify your own pains and struggles and find freedom from the lifelong negative messages that bind you. Rewrite the story of your life and embrace healing and wholeness as you discover and defeat shame's insidious agenda.
Categories (Click any to search for more books with that keyword.)
- Christian Books & Bibles » Christian Living » Personal Growth
- Christian Books & Bibles » Ministry & Evangelism » Counseling & Recovery
- Christian Books & Bibles » Ministry & Evangelism » Evangelism
- Health, Fitness & Dieting » Psychology & Counseling » Neuropsychology
- Religion & Spirituality
- Medical Books » Medicine » Internal Medicine » Psychiatry
- Medical Books » Psychology » Neuropsychology
- Humanities » Religious Studies » Christianity
- Medicine & Health Sciences » Medicine » Clinical » Psychiatry
- Social Sciences » Psychology » Neuropsychology
Please Note: The inclusion of a book here does not equal an endorsement of all aspects of the book. I encourage you to look for the elements within each book that are helpful, while recognizing that you will undoubtedly encounter things which you disagree with (just as I do). Please do your own research regarding any book that interests you in order to determine if it might be a good fit for you.