Book: Rising Strong
Links: Amazon | Bookshop.org
Shortlink to This Book:
~ Search for more books by the same author(s) or references to this book on the Transitions website.
Below courtesy Amazon.com ~ Disclaimer ~ Updated Within 10 Minutes
List Price: $28.00
Lowest New Price: $13.95
Lowest Used Price: $1.49
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • When we deny our stories, they define us. When we own our stories, we get to write the ending.
Don’t miss the hourlong Netflix special Brené Brown: The Call to Courage!
Social scientist Brené Brown has ignited a global conversation on courage, vulnerability, shame, and worthiness. Her pioneering work uncovered a profound truth: Vulnerability—the willingness to show up and be seen with no guarantee of outcome—is the only path to more love, belonging, creativity, and joy. But living a brave life is not always easy: We are, inevitably, going to stumble and fall.
It is the rise from falling that Brown takes as her subject in Rising Strong. As a grounded theory researcher, Brown has listened as a range of people—from leaders in Fortune 500 companies and the military to artists, couples in long-term relationships, teachers, and parents—shared their stories of being brave, falling, and getting back up. She asked herself, What do these people with strong and loving relationships, leaders nurturing creativity, artists pushing innovation, and clergy walking with people through faith and mystery have in common? The answer was clear: They recognize the power of emotion and they’re not afraid to lean in to discomfort.
Walking into our stories of hurt can feel dangerous. But the process of regaining our footing in the midst of struggle is where our courage is tested and our values are forged. Our stories of struggle can be big ones, like the loss of a job or the end of a relationship, or smaller ones, like a conflict with a friend or colleague. Regardless of magnitude or circumstance, the rising strong process is the same: We reckon with our emotions and get curious about what we’re feeling; we rumble with our stories until we get to a place of truth; and we live this process, every day, until it becomes a practice and creates nothing short of a revolution in our lives. Rising strong after a fall is how we cultivate wholeheartedness. It’s the process, Brown writes, that teaches us the most about who we are.
ONE OF GREATER GOOD’S FAVORITE BOOKS OF THE YEAR
“[Brené Brown’s] research and work have given us a new vocabulary, a way to talk with each other about the ideas and feelings and fears we’ve all had but haven’t quite known how to articulate. . . . Brené empowers us each to be a little more courageous.”—The Huffington Post
Categories (Click any to search for more books with that keyword.)
- Self-Help » Motivational
- Business & Money » Business Culture » Motivation & Self-Improvement
- Business & Money » Management & Leadership » Motivational
- Health, Fitness & Dieting » Mental Health » Emotions
- Self Service » Custom Stores » Best Books of 2015 » Editors’ Holiday Gift Picks » Secrets to Success
- Self Service » Custom Stores » Best Books of 2015 » Business & Investing
- Self Service » Custom Stores » Best Books of 2015 » Nonfiction
- Self Service » Custom Stores » Best Books of 2015 » Top 100 Editors’ Picks: Print Books
- Self Service » Special Features Stores » Featured in Books
- Self Service » Special Features Stores » New Year, New You 2015
- Self Service » Special Features Stores » ASINs for HQP
- Self Service » Special Features Stores » Popover Test
- Self Service » Special Features Stores » Special Offer
- Self Service » Special Features Stores » 2020 » 09 » 14 » 2125 » Books Outlet
Please Note: The inclusion of a book here does not equal an endorsement of all aspects of the book. I encourage you to look for the elements within each book that are helpful, while recognizing that you will undoubtedly encounter things which you disagree with (just as I do). Please do your own research regarding any book that interests you in order to determine if it might be a good fit for you.
Browse Other Books
Return to the Book List
If you are on a mobile connection you may wish to use Coverless Mode instead.