Book: A Monster Calls
A Monster Calls
Inspired by an idea from Siobhan Dowd
Shortlink to This Book:
Below courtesy Amazon.com ~ Disclaimer ~ Check Amazon for Current Prices
List Price: $12.00
Lowest New Price: $4.95
Lowest Used Price: $1.24
Patrick Ness’s Carnegie Medal–winning masterwork is poised to attract a discerning crossover audience.
The monster in Conor’s backyard is not the one he’s been expecting — the one from the nightmare he’s had every night since his mother started her treatments. This monster is ancient. And wild. And it wants something from Conor. Something terrible and dangerous. It wants the truth. From the final idea of award-winning author Siobhan Dowd — whose premature death from cancer prevented her from writing it herself — Patrick Ness has spun a haunting and darkly funny novel of mischief, loss, and monsters both real and imagined.
Categories (Click any to search for more books with that keyword.)
- Children’s Books » Growing Up & Facts of Life » Difficult Discussions » Illness
- Health, Fitness & Dieting » Diseases & Physical Ailments » Cancer » Breast Cancer
- Teen & Young Adult » Literature & Fiction » Social & Family Issues » Death & Dying
- Teen & Young Adult » Literature & Fiction » Social & Family Issues » Family » Parents
- Teen & Young Adult » Science Fiction & Fantasy » Horror » Monsters
Please Note: The inclusion of a book here does not equal an endorsement of all aspects of the book. I encourage you to look for the elements within each book that are helpful, while recognizing that you will undoubtedly encounter things which you disagree with (just as I do). Please do your own research regarding any book that interests you in order to determine if it might be a good fit for you.