Book: Out of the Silent Planet
Out of the Silent Planet
Space Trilogy, Book One
C. S. Lewis
Shortlink to This Book:
~ Search for more books by the same author(s).
Below courtesy Amazon.com ~ Disclaimer ~ Updated Just Now
List Price: $16.00
Lowest New Price: $7.00
Lowest Used Price: $2.00
The first book in C. S. Lewis's acclaimed Space Trilogy, which continues with Perelandra and That Hideous Strength, Out of the Silent Planet begins the adventures of the remarkable Dr. Ransom. Here, that estimable man is abducted by a megalomaniacal physicist and his accomplice and taken via spaceship to the red planet of Malacandra. The two men are in need of a human sacrifice, and Dr. Ransom would seem to fit the bill. Once on the planet, however, Ransom eludes his captors, risking his life and his chances of returning to Earth, becoming a stranger in a land that is enchanting in its difference from Earth and instructive in its similarity. First published in 1943, Out of the Silent Planet remains a mysterious and suspenseful tour de force.
Categories (Click any to search for more books with that keyword.)
- Christian Books & Bibles » Literature & Fiction » Mystery & Suspense
- Humor & Entertainment » Humor » Satire
- Literature & Fiction » Classics
- Literature & Fiction » United States » Classics
- Literature & Fiction » Contemporary
- Literature & Fiction » Literary
- Science Fiction & Fantasy » Fantasy » Arthurian
- Science Fiction & Fantasy » Fantasy » New Adult & College
- Science Fiction & Fantasy » Science Fiction
- Humanities » Literature
Please Note: The inclusion of a book here does not equal an endorsement of all aspects of the book. I encourage you to look for the elements within each book that are helpful, while recognizing that you will undoubtedly encounter things which you disagree with (just as I do). Please do your own research regarding any book that interests you in order to determine if it might be a good fit for you.