Book: When the Body Says No
When the Body Says No
Understanding the Stress-Disease Connection
Links: Amazon | Bookshop.org
Shortlink to This Book:
~ Search for more books by the same author(s) or references to this book on the Transitions website.
Below courtesy Amazon.com ~ Disclaimer ~ Updated Just Now
List Price: $21.99
Lowest New Price: $15.79
Lowest Used Price: $10.74
Can a person literally die of loneliness? Is there such a thing as a ""cancer personality""? Drawing on scientific research and the author's decades of experience as a practicing physician, this book provides answers to these and other important questions about the effect of the mind-body link on illness and health and the role that stress and one's individual emotional makeup play in an array of common diseases.
- Explores the role of the mind-body link in conditions and diseases such as arthritis, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, IBS, and multiple sclerosis
- Draws on medical research and the author's clinical experience as a family physician
- Includes The Seven A's of Healing-principles of healing and the prevention of illness from hidden stress
Shares dozens of enlightening case studies and stories, including those of people such as Lou Gehrig (ALS), Betty Ford (breast cancer), Ronald Reagan (Alzheimer's), Gilda Radner (ovarian cancer), and Lance Armstrong (testicular cancer)
An international bestseller translated into fifteen languages, When the Body Says No promotes learning and healing, providing transformative insights into how disease can be the body's way of saying no to what the mind cannot or will not acknowledge.
Categories (Click any to search for more books with that keyword.)
- Self-Help » Stress Management
- Health, Fitness & Dieting » Alternative Medicine
- Health, Fitness & Dieting » Diseases & Physical Ailments
- Self Service » Special Features Stores » New Year, New You
- Self Service » Special Features Stores » Sponsored Selections
- Self Service » Special Features Stores » New Year, New You 2015
- Self Service » Special Features Stores » ASINs for HQP
Please Note: The inclusion of a book here does not equal an endorsement of all aspects of the book. I encourage you to look for the elements within each book that are helpful, while recognizing that you will undoubtedly encounter things which you disagree with (just as I do). Please do your own research regarding any book that interests you in order to determine if it might be a good fit for you.
Browse Other Books
Return to the Book List
If you are on a mobile connection you may wish to use Coverless Mode instead.