Book: Hold Me Tight
Hold Me Tight
Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Links: Amazon | Bookshop.org
Shortlink to This Book:
~ Search for more books by the same author(s) or references to this book on the Transitions website.
Below courtesy Amazon.com ~ Disclaimer ~ Updated Within the Past Hour
List Price: $29.00
Lowest New Price: $13.44
Lowest Used Price: $8.00
Heralded by the New York Times and Time magazine as the couple therapy with the highest rate of success, Emotionally Focused Therapy works because it views the love relationship as an attachment bond. This idea, once controversial, is now supported by science, and has become widely popular among therapists around the world.
In Hold me Tight, Dr. Sue Johnson presents Emotionally Focused Therapy to the general public for the first time. Johnson teaches that the way to save and enrich a relationship is to reestablish safe emotional connection and preserve the attachment bond. With this in mind, she focuses on key moments in a relationship-from Recognizing the Demon Dialogue to Revisiting a Rocky Moment-and uses them as touchpoints for seven healing conversations. Through case studies from her practice, illuminating advice, and practical exercises, couples will learn how to nurture their relationships and ensure a lifetime of love.
Categories (Click any to search for more books with that keyword.)
- Self-Help » Relationships » Interpersonal Relations
- Self-Help » Relationships » Love & Romance
- Self-Help » Relationships » Marriage
- Self-Help » Motivational
- Self-Help » Communication & Social Skills
- Health, Fitness & Dieting » Mental Health » Emotions
- Health, Fitness & Dieting » Psychology & Counseling
- Reference » Etiquette » Conversation
- Politics & Social Sciences » Sociology » Marriage & Family
- Self Service » Custom Stores » 150 Love Stories for Every Romantic Mood » Falling & Staying in Love
- Self Service » Special Features Stores » Valentine’s Day
- Self Service » Special Features Stores » New Year, New You 2015
- Self Service » Special Features Stores » ASINs for HQP
Please Note: The inclusion of a book here does not equal an endorsement of all aspects of the book. I encourage you to look for the elements within each book that are helpful, while recognizing that you will undoubtedly encounter things which you disagree with (just as I do). Please do your own research regarding any book that interests you in order to determine if it might be a good fit for you.
Browse Other Books
Return to the Book List
If you are on a mobile connection you may wish to use Coverless Mode instead.