Book: Hold Me Tight
Hold Me Tight
Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Shortlink to This Book:
~ Search for more books by the same author(s).
Below courtesy Amazon.com ~ Disclaimer ~ Updated 6/16/2019, 10:13pm EST
List Price: $28.00
Lowest New Price: $15.00
Lowest Used Price: $8.42
Heralded by the New York Times and Time magazine as the couple therapy with the highest rate of success, Emotionally Focused Therapy works because it views the love relationship as an attachment bond. This idea, once controversial, is now supported by science, and has become widely popular among therapists around the world.
In Hold me Tight, Dr. Sue Johnson presents Emotionally Focused Therapy to the general public for the first time. Johnson teaches that the way to save and enrich a relationship is to reestablish safe emotional connection and preserve the attachment bond. With this in mind, she focuses on key moments in a relationship-from Recognizing the Demon Dialogue to Revisiting a Rocky Moment-and uses them as touchpoints for seven healing conversations. Through case studies from her practice, illuminating advice, and practical exercises, couples will learn how to nurture their relationships and ensure a lifetime of love.
Categories (Click any to search for more books with that keyword.)
- Self-Help » Relationships » Conflict Management
- Self-Help » Relationships » Interpersonal Relations
- Self-Help » Relationships » Love & Romance
- Self-Help » Relationships » Marriage
- Self-Help » Motivational
- Self-Help » Communication & Social Skills
- Health, Fitness & Dieting » Mental Health » Emotions
- Health, Fitness & Dieting » Psychology & Counseling
- Parenting & Relationships » Family Relationships » Conflict Resolution
- Parenting & Relationships » Parenting
- Reference » Etiquette » Conversation
- Politics & Social Sciences » Sociology » Marriage & Family
Please Note: The inclusion of a book here does not equal an endorsement of all aspects of the book. I encourage you to look for the elements within each book that are helpful, while recognizing that you will undoubtedly encounter things which you disagree with (just as I do). Please do your own research regarding any book that interests you in order to determine if it might be a good fit for you.