When to Say Yes, How to Say No, to Take Control of Your Life
Henry Cloud and John Townsend
Shortlink to This Book:
Below courtesy Amazon.com ~ Disclaimer ~ Updated Just Now
List Price: $18.91
Lowest New Price: $7.50
Lowest Used Price: $0.35
Having clear boundaries is essential to a healthy, balanced lifestyle. A boundary is a personal property line that marks those things for which we are responsible. In other words, boundaries define who we are and who we are not. Boundaries impact all areas of our lives: Physical boundaries help us determine who may touch us and under what circumstances -- Mental boundaries give us the freedom to have our own thoughts and opinions -- Emotional boundaries help us to deal with our own emotions and disengage from the harmful, manipulative emotions of others -- Spiritual boundaries help us to distinguish God's will from our own and give us renewed awe for our Creator -- Often, Christians focus so much on being loving and unselfish that they forget their own limits and limitations. When confronted with their lack of boundaries, they ask:
- Can I set limits and still be a loving person?
- What are legitimate boundaries?
- What if someone is upset or hurt by my boundaries?
- How do I answer someone who wants my time, love, energy, or money?
- Aren't boundaries selfish?
- Why do I feel guilty or afraid when I consider setting boundaries?
Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend offer biblically-based answers to these and other tough questions, showing us how to set healthy boundaries with our parents, spouses, children, friends, co-workers, and even ourselves.
Categories (Click any to search for more books with that keyword.)
- Self-Help » Happiness
- Self-Help » Personal Transformation
- Christian Books & Bibles » Christian Living » Counseling
- Christian Books & Bibles » Christian Living » Dating & Relationships
- Christian Books & Bibles » Christian Living » Inspirational
- Christian Books & Bibles » Christian Living » Personal Growth
- Christian Books & Bibles » Christian Living » Spiritual Growth
- Christian Books & Bibles » Christian Living » Self Help
- Religion & Spirituality
Please Note: The inclusion of a book here does not equal an endorsement of all aspects of the book. I encourage you to look for the elements within each book that are helpful, while recognizing that you will undoubtedly encounter things which you disagree with (just as I do). Please do your own research regarding any book that interests you in order to determine if it might be a good fit for you.