Book: The Big Wave
The Big Wave
Shortlink to This Book:
Below courtesy Amazon.com ~ Disclaimer ~ Updated 12/8/2023, 11:52am EST
List Price: $8.99
Lowest New Price: $3.50
Lowest Used Price: $1.35
The powerful novel by Nobel Prize-winning author Pearl S. Buck, about two friends who must face the pain of losing everything—and how to face their grief with courage.
Kino lives on a farm on the side of a mountain in Japan. His friend, Jiya, lives in a fishing village below. Everyone, including Kino and Jiya, has heard of the big wave. No one suspects it will wash over them, until the rushing water sweeps away the whole village—including Jiya's family.
As Jiya struggles to overcome his sorrow, with the help of Kino and his father, he comes to understand that it is only in the presence of danger that one learns to be brave, and that even in the face of terrible tragedy, life and love are stronger than death.
Categories (Click any to search for more books with that keyword.)
- Children’s Books » Literature & Fiction » Historical Fiction
- Children’s Books » Action & Adventure
- Children’s Books » Classics
- Arborist Merchandising Root » Self Service » Custom Stores » 5edb3046-f9c1-4621-85f5-a4f7c2464a28_0 » 5edb3046-f9c1-4621-85f5-a4f7c2464a28_301 » Books Santa 2012
- Arborist Merchandising Root » Self Service » Custom Stores » 5edb3046-f9c1-4621-85f5-a4f7c2464a28_0 » 5edb3046-f9c1-4621-85f5-a4f7c2464a28_8301 » Dear Santa Children’s Books
- Arborist Merchandising Root » Self Service » Special Features Stores » 34875086-8a6a-4dfe-b095-4d85fb30b3ba_0 » 34875086-8a6a-4dfe-b095-4d85fb30b3ba_5001 » Sponsored Selections
Please Note: The inclusion of a book here does not equal an endorsement of all aspects of the book. I encourage you to look for the elements within each book that are helpful, while recognizing that you will undoubtedly encounter things which you disagree with (just as I do). Please do your own research regarding any book that interests you in order to determine if it might be a good fit for you.