Book: The Gift of Therapy
The Gift of Therapy
An Open Letter to a New Generation of Therapists and Their Patients
Links: Amazon | Bookshop.org
Shortlink to This Book:
~ Search for more books by the same author(s) or references to this book on the Transitions website.
Below courtesy Amazon.com ~ Disclaimer ~ Updated 5/29/2023, 9:13pm EST
List Price: $18.99
Lowest New Price: $10.27
Lowest Used Price: $3.85
Acclaimed author and renowned psychiatrist Irvin D. Yalom distills thirty-five years of psychotherapy wisdom into one brilliant volume.
The culmination of master psychiatrist Dr. Irvin D. Yalom’s more than thirty-five years in clinical practice, The Gift of Therapy is a remarkable and essential guidebook that illustrates through real case studies how patients and therapists alike can get the most out of therapy. The bestselling author of Love’s Executioner shares his uniquely fresh approach and the valuable insights he has gained—presented as eighty-five personal and provocative “tips for beginner therapists,” including:
•Let the patient matter to you
•Acknowledge your errors
•Create a new therapy for each patient
•Do home visits
•(Almost) never make decisions for the patient
•Freud was not always wrong
A book aimed at enriching the therapeutic process for a new generation of patients and counselors, Yalom’s Gift of Therapy is an entertaining, informative, and insightful read for anyone with an interest in the subject.
Categories (Click any to search for more books with that keyword.)
- Health, Fitness & Dieting » Psychology & Counseling » Counseling
- Health, Fitness & Dieting » Psychology & Counseling » Psychotherapy, TA & NLP
- Health, Fitness & Dieting » Psychology & Counseling » Research
- Medical Books » Medicine » Internal Medicine » Psychiatry
- Medical Books » Psychology » Education & Training
- Medical Books » Psychology » Counseling
- Medical Books » Psychology » General
- Medical Books » Psychology » Psychotherapy, TA & NLP
- Medical Books » Psychology » Research
- Self Service » Custom Stores » Back to School
- Self Service » Special Features Stores » Sponsored Selections
- Self Service » Special Features Stores » ASINs for HQP
Please Note: The inclusion of a book here does not equal an endorsement of all aspects of the book. I encourage you to look for the elements within each book that are helpful, while recognizing that you will undoubtedly encounter things which you disagree with (just as I do). Please do your own research regarding any book that interests you in order to determine if it might be a good fit for you.
Browse Other Books
Return to the Book List
If you are on a mobile connection you may wish to use Coverless Mode instead.